Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the most common and the most successful form of bankruptcy for the debtor. In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, most unsecured debts are eliminated and you are no longer liable to pay back those creditors. These debts include:
- Personal loans
- Medical Bills
- Credit cards
- Gambling debts
Have free friendly consultation with Attorney Shelton either in person or over the phone.
- Get the required paperwork to our office, which typically means:
- Last two tax returns (if filed)
- Last six months of income information (if any)
- Last four months of bank statements (if any)
- A copy of your ID and Social Security Card (or documentation with your SSN)
- Vehicle titles (if any)
- Any other documents the Attorney requests
- Take the Credit Counseling Class online or over the phone.
- Attend the meeting of creditors (these are held remote, and you will have to answer some simple questions).
- Take the Debtor Education Class online or over the phone.
- Wait for your discharge.
Although we make this sound simple, we do not recommend trying this alone. Chapter 7 trustees have the ability to sell property if it is not properly protected.